How to Enjoy a Fun Filled Day at Key West, Florida. We enjoyed getting on a jet ski for the first time in Florida.
If you have never been to Key West, Florida, you are missing a wonderful experience.
Key West Florida is located in the southernmost part of the United States, and it has a history rich in culture and color from around the world.
This tiny island packs a lot of punch and offers something for everyone. If you want to have a fun filled day, here are some things you can do:
1) Start your day by taking a walk on the world’s longest continuous sidewalk, located on Duval Street. You will find interesting shops, bars and restaurants to explore. Make sure to take a break and enjoy one of the famous Key lime pies.
2) If you are feeling adventurous, take a bicycle tour. You will find that the entire island is just 4 miles by 1 mile, so it can be crossed in an hour or two, depending on how fast you pedal. This way you can explore the lush tropical foliage and take in all the sights.
3) The sunset at Mallory Square is a must see event. Here you will find street performers, artists and a variety of food vendors. The best way to enjoy the show is to buy some popcorn and find a good spot on the seawall to relax and take it all in.
4) There are a number of different museums you can visit, including the Hemingway House, the Key West Lighthouse Museum and the Shipwreck Museum. If you are interested in history, art or just want to learn more about Key West, these are all great options.
5) If you are looking for a little bit of excitement, you can go on a fishing charter, go sailing or even take a dolphin tour. There is something for everyone when it comes to outdoor activities in Key West.
6) Don’t forget to visit some of the local attractions, such as Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park, The Custom House or even just take a stroll on Mallory Square during sunset. You will find yourself mesmerized by all of the beauty surrounding you.
7) If you want to try something new and different, Key West is known for having great restaurants and bars. You can enjoy a fine dining experience or just grab a table outside and have a beer or two with your meal. There are also many sports bars around as well, if you want to watch the big game with some friends.
8) Finally, make sure to end your day with a drink or two at one of the many bars and night clubs in town. You can find live music, comedy and drag shows happening all night long. There is no better way to finish off a fun filled day in Key West.
So, now you have a few ideas of how to have a fun filled day in Key West, Florida. If you have never been there, it is a must see destination.
There is so much to see and do, you will never get bored. So, book your trip today and enjoy all that Key West has to offer.
Thanks for reading!